The O-Shot is a medical procedure that uses a very particular method of exploring blood-derived growth factors to rejuvenate the female reproductive organs. The role of O-Shots is to help women with urinary incontinence and other sex-related issues.
The O-Shot employs scientifically and medically proven techniques of platelet-rich plasma therapy. This technique involves the separation of the healing or the growth factors located in the blood. What follows is the injection of the supercharged plasma back into the body.
Why Get the O-Shot?
The O-Shot is primarily meant for women. It can help:
- Increase sex drive or libido
- Relieve urinary continence
- Eliminate dryness that results from the impacts of menopause or treatments for breast cancer. The dryness results typically in pain during intercourse
- Relieve decreased ability to experience an orgasm
- Lichen sclerosis and lichen planus
As it employs the platelet-rich plasma technique, the procedure begins by withdrawing a vial of blood. The blood then goes through a process where the plasma that is rich in platelets is separated from the red and the white blood cells. The separation is done using a centrifuge. Once the platelet-rich plasma is separated, it becomes a supercharged plasma which is administered back to the body through an injection called the O-Shot. The procedure takes 15 minutes to complete.
As in stem cell therapy, the undifferentiated stem cells in the platelet-rich plasma works to stimulate the production of new cells around the site of O-Shot administration. The areas around the O-Shot experience:
- Repair of damaged cells
- Increased production of new cells
- Improved cell longevity
- And overall vaginal rejuvenation
Now that you know more about O-Shots, schedule your appointment to get one today!